Translation Project Manager
As a Project Manager, you will manage a variety of translation projects from the retail industry. The role involves regular communications with suppliers and customers, coordination of both human and technical resources, effective administration of requests/queries and quality control prior to delivery to customers.
The role will evolve into a Relationship Manager position, with greater emphasis on nurturing customer relationships and future sales.
- Supplier negotiations (where required)
- Regular communications with both suppliers and customers
- Ensure work is produced to high quality standards and within agreed timescales
- Co-ordinate human and technical resources (use of CAT tool: memoQ)
- Achieve budgetary targets
- Quality control
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Excellent English (written/spoken)
- Native/working knowledge of another language (Dutch or French preferably, but other languages will be considered)
- Experience and/or knowledge of CAT tools would be ideal
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good IT skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Good initiative
PLEASE NOTE: This position will be based at our Milton Keynes Office (UK).
We are currently looking for freelance translators with the following language combinations:
- EN into Dutch
- EN into French (France)
- EN into Hebrew
- EN into Russian
- EN into Italian (UK-based)
- EN into Spanish (UK-based)
- EN into Brazilian Portuguese (UK-based)
- EN into French (Canada)
- If you have a degree or postgraduate diploma in translation and 5 years' experience in translation, we would be pleased to hear from you.
- Please note that we will require 2 professional references.
If you would prefer to apply by traditional mail, please send your CV (with a covering letter) to the following address:
K International plc.
14 Davy Avenue
Please remember to also include the name of the contact given in the job description!