If you want to streamline the design and print process, why not try learning a few industry standard proofreading symbols, or improve your proofreading skills?
Here are a few preliminary ideas:
- Use a spell checker and grammar checker as a first screening, but don’t depend on these.
- Read the text aloud and also silently.
- Point with your finger so that you read one word at a time.
- Don’t proofread for every type of mistake at once — go through the text once for spelling and then again for missing/additional spaces, consistency, font sizes, etc.
- It can be difficult to proofread your own work. Find a fellow employee who can look at it objectively.
For industry standard proofreading symbols, please see below: