Large Print documents are a quick and cost effective method of presenting information so that it is easier to read by people with poor vision. As the name suggests, larger than usual font sizes are used in the design as well as a simplified layout.
Almost anything that is printed can be converted to the Large Print format and should be included in your language/communication policy. It is important that original documents are not blown up on a photocopier as this will not produce the same quality of document.
K International can produce your Large Print documents using the latest large print guidelines, while keeping your brand, corporate ID and the feel of the document intact.
If you are part of the UK Government this service can be ordered as part of the pan Government agreement for Large Print 05/GEN/25.
The guidelines that K International follows when producing Large Print documents are included below.
Large Print Guidelines
If you are unsure of your requirements K International will use the following guidelines to convert your documents to large print.
- Use type 16 or above. Or even better ask the reader what size they prefer.
- Be consistent – only using one point size for the majority of the large print document will make it more readable.
- Use only plain fonts – such as Arial or Helvetica.
- Simple typography should be used throughout.
- Do not indent paragraphs, do not use justified text (i.e. left align all copy).
- Avoid the use of BLOCK CAPITALS. Avoid underlining text. Avoid text in italics.
- Do not put text on top of graphics. Do not put text on top of a bold colour.
- Ensure that all text is in large print, don’t forget about page numbering and captions for illustrations .
- Use pastel coloured matte paper, or good contrast such as black print on yellow, Do not use glossy paper.
- Bind documents by using comb binding. Do not staple.
- Never blow up standard size print documents on a photocopier.
Government Contract for Large Print Documents
If you are part of the UK Government and need this service please quote 05/GEN/25 at time of ordering for special prices and service levels. This is a pan-Government agreement established by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) for various communication and translation solutions for the Government. Experience of producing Large Print Documents K International has produced Large Print Documents for the following organisations.
- HM Prison Service
- Department of Communities and Local Government
- The Electoral Commission
- Transport for London
- Greater London Authority
- The Home Office Legal Obligation
You may be legally obliged to provide information in Large Print. For instance the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000 all infer to the provision of documentation in Large Print. The provision of Large Print documents should appear within your language policy.
Contact K International
K International is here to help you with your communications challenges. We offer a complete bespoke solution to all businesses and Government agencies for today’s communications solutions.
We look forward to talking to you soon.
Convert to Large Print
Large Print documents are a cost effective way of communicating with people with poor vision. K International will simplify the layout of your documents and increase the size of the typeface, returning back to you printed copies or PDFs ready for distribution.
This is an important service if you are communicating with the general public and should be part of your communication strategy.
If you work for the UK Government this service can be procured as part of 05/GEN/25 the pan-Government agreement for translation and communication services.
"K International work on all of our large print documents. Service is superb, cost effective and well delivered."
HM Prison Service
“ Great job - thanks guys”
“ Short delivery times are no problem for this company, thank you again.”
Meningitis Research Foundation
“ K have completed 100s of large print conversions for me and my deparment. All on time, we are very happy to give a reference.”
Transport for London
“ Thank you, great job, great service, GREAT price.”
“ As part of the government contract K International supply us with large print. We have always found the work to be of an excellent quality. ”
“ ... have helped us on a number of project. They [K International] are always spot on.”
The Electoral Commission
RNIB | supporting blind and partially sighted people.
Large Print Puzzles | puzzles to print.
Large Print Books | 20,000 books in large print.
Tube Map | London tube map in large print.