Official Supplier To The UK Government
The RM1092 Agreement
As the population of the UK becomes more diverse managing the cost of translation has become an issue for many Government Departments and Agencies. The subject has received exposure in the press, TV coverage and even been mentioned at Prime Minister’s Question Time.
In light of this, the Crown Commercial Service (CCS) has established a Pan-Government framework for translation services. This agreement is called RM1092 and includes many other communication services in addition to translation.
This framework is OJEU compliant and open to all Government Department (both Local and Central). It is strongly recommended that if you work for a Local Authority, Government Department or any other Government Agency that you use this agreement to manage your translation needs.
To transmit paper translation requests we have an established working relationship with TNT. They can deliver documents securely to our headquarters and return documents securely to your Government agency. Please note that we DO NOT use PO Boxes and never will.
K International’s Government translation Service
K International was established in 1986 to assist the UK Government with their language requirements. During which time we have successfully translated 100s of millions of words for the UK Government.
More in depth information about the company can be found in the About us section of this website, some key aspects are included below.
- Internationally Certified Management System & Processes. All of the management systems developed exclusively for K International are accredited to international standards. We are audited by external management consultants every month and by an independent international quality management specialist twice yearly.
- We DO NOT use PO Boxes. We do not use PO Boxes to receive translation requests. All information will be delivered securely to our headquarters and kept in fireproof safes overnight and when not in use.
- We have NEVER lost a document. In most cases we work with original copies of very sensitive material and have therefore designed our systems to handle this. We have now handled over one million documents for the UK Government and to date have NEVER lost a document.
- 99.9% of documents are returned within the time-frame requested. For example, we have worked for the IND (now the Borders and Immigration Agency) since 1996, in that time translating documents for over 300,000 asylum cases — all of which were returned on time. At all points in the process we will keep you well informed of the progress of your translation.
- RM1092 is OJEU compliant and means that if you are part of the Government you can procure our services without the need to run separate tender exercises. It is also OGC approved and established (and managed) by the Home Office and DCLG.
- We do not charge you for additional copies of your translation. If you lose a document let us know and we’ll send you a copy at no extra cost. We have copies of documents on file dating back to 1994.
- Security clearance. All of our staff are CTC cleared as a minimum requirement and our company is accredited with ISO 27001.
- You are our priority. Last but not least — you are the customer. We are often requested to amend our system to fit in with our customer’s processes. Please do talk to us, even if you think that your request is impossible.