Our team of in-house designers have more than two decades of experience producing Large Print documents for leading companies. We produce a myriad of consumer information documents on behalf of Transport for London, Local Authorities and the home office to name only a few.
Large Print documents are a quick and cost effective method of presenting information so that it is easier to read by people with poor vision.
Almost anything that is printed can be converted to the Large Print format and should be included in your language/communication policy.
Large Print conversion is more than just increasing font size. Design, layout, typography and colour are other important areas that must be considered.
It is important that original documents are not just blown up on a photocopier – this will not produce a quality usable document.
K International will produce your Large Print documents using the latest Large Print guidelines, and in doing so keep your brand, corporate ID and feel of the document intact.
Large Print Guidelines
Our standard Large Print guidelines have been developed in-line with RNIB recommendations and policies.
- Use type 16 or above.
- Be consistent. By only using one point size for the majority of the document will help with its overall readability.
- Use only plain fonts such as Arial or Helvetica.
- Simple typography.
- No indented paragraphs, no justified text (i.e. left align all copy).
- Avoid the use of BLOCK CAPITALS. Avoid underlining text. Avoid text in italics.
- No text on top of graphics. No text on top of bold colours.
- Ensure that all text is in Large Print, not forgetting about page numbering and captions for illustrations.
- Use of pastel coloured matt paper, or good contrast such as black print on yellow. No glossy paper.
- Bind documents by using comb binding, not stapled.
We will never blow up standard size print documents on a photocopier.